Christmas is coming and, whether you celebrate it or not, it is the perfect time to put a dehydrator on your list for under the tree or the Boxing Day sales shopping list.
They are so easy to use and you will get your return on investment in no time. The investment need not be more than £40 and there are so many ways in which you can effortlessly produce a week or two’s worth of healthy treats for under a fiver.
Just one example, lamb jerky.
- I used chops or loin. The loin worked best as it is a lean meat and easy to prepare.
- Prep lamb meat (wash and dry)
- Carve the meat thinly and lay out on dehydrator trays
- 70’ Dehydrate for 8 to 12 hours (I do mine overnight)
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes at 140’
- Serve up in any size
- Stores for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container
Boom – there you have it!
Our dehydrator lives in our garage, the smell for pupster is just too much temptation. He will drool all night and not sleep. On the plus side he will do every command perfectly for jerky of any form. Healthy and well behaved, now that is what we all want for our house companions!